Charitable Remainder Trust
Income from your gift is paid to those beneficiaries whom you select for a lifetime and/or a term of years. At the end of the trust’s term, the property remaining in the trust will be used by the Hospice Foundation for the purpose you have specified. There are two types of charitable remainder trusts, both of which are irrevocable:
Unitrust: income fluctuates annually with the fair market value of the trust.
Annuity trust: income payments are fixed and determined when the gift is made, which is attractive to individuals who wish to avoid risk.
Advantages of Charitable Remainder Trusts
- You have the satisfaction of supporting a cause important to you.
- Income for life and/or a term of years.
- You receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
- If you make your gift with low-yielding securities, you may actually increase your current income.
- If you make your gift with appreciated securities, you may avoid capital gains tax.
- You may reduce your estate tax.
- Membership in the Helen Westland Legacy Society.
If you would like more information, please contact Lisa Bennett, Hospice Foundation’s Director of Fund Development, at (831) 333-9023, ext. 11, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.